Invisible Shoes - Barefoot Running Sandals

Wednesday, March 27, 2019

great 7

After a bunch of days off of running because of a combination of Purim holiday, bad weather, busy schedule and laziness, I finally pushed myself out to run this afternoon. And it was glorious.

I have been working on running with Pull rather than Stretch, as I have been watching drills from the RunRX people on FB and Instagram. Since I began, my runs have been significantly faster, with far less strain.

Today I ran 7km and ran hard and finished with a great time, faster than I have run in a very long time. This was especially significant because it was that fast including the portion on the hill that was slower, and there was a nice headwind on large sections of my as it is a very breezy day.

While running, one of the podcasts I listened to was the latest episode of the Marathon Training Academy. Particularly interesting in this episode that warrants my mentioning it here was that they spoke briefly about Mike Wardian's recent accomplishment setting a record for the Fastest Known time on the Israel National Trail. As well, they had a short interview with Brooke Taylor who recently ran the Jerusalem Half Marathon.

No comments: