Invisible Shoes - Barefoot Running Sandals

Friday, March 8, 2019

awesome 15

I had to go to Bet Shemesh to help someone with something, and I wanted to run. The timing was not great and I figured I could either get a short run in and then go, or maybe plan to get there a little late (something I never like to do)...or I could just run to Bet Shemesh, do what I need to do, and run back. And that is what I decided to do!

So, I skipped my cycle on Kishon and started off going up Hayarqon, through the new park, and thne out to the Road 10 (3855). I turned right and ran to the end, by the 375, then turned around and ran on the 10 until the Bet Shemesh entrance on Herzog St. Running up the hill and down to Sheinfeld, to the house I needed to be at. They were a bit surprised to see me in my running gear, but I did what I needed to do, relatively quickly, and then rab back on Nahar Hayarden through RBS B, up the steep and long hill, and then home via Nahal Kishon, finishing at 15km.

The first 11km were very good. I set some record, according to Garmin, for my fastest mile (since wearing the Garmin watch), and no it was not even close to being a four-minute mile. In addition, I beat the 10km hour mark significantly, hitting 10km at 57 minutes. To be fair, a good portion of the first 10km were on a slight downhill, not including Sderot Hayarqon, so that helped, though there was a strong headwind, so it helped but not as much as it could have.

I ran well, focusing on my posture with my new running gait and paying attention to my leg motion. It really makes a big difference, and I could tell it makes a difference because at times I lost focus and after a bit noticed my leg motion drop into a lazier motion and my pace slow down a bit.

All in all, an awesome run, good weather, if a bit warm, and a beautiful day out in the sun.
 

No comments: