Invisible Shoes - Barefoot Running Sandals

Wednesday, September 6, 2017

midweek 16km

Today's run was scheduled as a 16km run at an easy pace with 4km strides at marathon pace. Being that I don't know what my "marathon pace" is I figured I would just run 4km as fast as I could.

I decided not to go to Bet Shemesh to run with the club. The start time was a bit late for my much slower pace, so I figured I would just do the run out of RBS at an earlier time.

I ran 16km at an easy pace that was really not so easy. Even the easy pace was a struggle at the beginning.I did get a good fast 4km in at about the 8km mark until 12km, in which I ran around 6mpkm. Overall my average pace was 6:35mpkm.

16km would have normally been a Friday long run for me at this stage in my running, so running with the club is really forcing me to up my game a bit.

No comments: