Invisible Shoes - Barefoot Running Sandals

Friday, April 27, 2018

surprising 14.5

strange morning. I woke up very early to run, but got a little bit of a late start. it just took me longer to get ready than normal, even taking into account that I was watching the last few innings of the Cubs game (they won!).

I finally got out, planning to run about 13km and found myself just not feeling it. I was slow but also disinterested and just not in my normal groove. The weather was great and the sky was turning a beautiful blue dotted with small white clouds, so I decided to try to force myself to 9-10km, all in the neighborhood, and that would be enough.

By the time I was pushing 8km I decided to just add on going out on the 10 to the 375 and back and that should give me about 13, maybe 13.5km. So I did. At the end of the 10 I expended it a bit for a good spot for a pit stop, and then ran back. At the end my run concluded at 14.5km, and I am not sure where I miscalculated. I never really got into a groove. It was slow going all the way. I ran, I finished. I exceeded my expectations.

No comments: