Invisible Shoes - Barefoot Running Sandals

Friday, April 13, 2018

Friday long

I almost didn't run today. I mean, when I went to bed last night I planned on getting up early for a long run, but when I woke up I really did not want to run. I woke up early and was feeling really tired and lazy. After going through part of my morning routine I decided to go back to bed for a little bit longer and see if that would give me some extra oomph. I woke up about half an hour later and felt a little better, less tired, but still was feeling kind of lazy. After wasting some time I decided to go out anyway, since I was up, but it would be for a shorter than planned long run - I figured if I ran 14.5km last week, I would go out today for maybe a 12-13km run. That is respectable but also taking it easy. And I admit that once I got outside to start running I even considered keeping it as short as 5-6km!

Putting all that aside, once I started running I felt great. I had no energy problems, no strenuous running or discomfort or anything like that. I did not push hard and had a nice run, but I felt fine and the early morning weather was great. I abandoned my thoughts of keeping the run down to 5 or so km, and figured 12 was fairly realistic.

I changed my route a bit, leaving RBS but thinking that instead of running out all the way to Tzomet Etziona and back, I would detour through the Mishkafayim neighborhood and then head out on the highway without needing to go quite as far.
.
Once I was out on the highway, I decided I wanted to check if the gazelle I saw dead in the road last week was still out there. So I did not run out to the Etziona Junction but I ran out pretty close to it. And no, the gazelle is gone.

By the time I was nearly finished I saw I was already pushing 14km, so I figred I might as well. I extended myself just a bit more and detoured a little at the end and finished at 15km, for my longest run since my return.