Invisible Shoes - Barefoot Running Sandals

Wednesday, April 4, 2018

fast 5

Because we went away for a few days this week will not be the great running week I expected. Rather, it will be pretty average.

Despite it being an average running week, today was a great running day.

I woke up early for no particular reason, because I forgot to turn off my alarm. After the trip I was so tired that I figured I'd sleep a little later than usual and then go for a late run, being in no rush for anything in particular. So I woke up early, but still tried to avoid going for a run. I tried to go back to sleep, to no avail, and after a while I just figured I might as well go out for a run. So I did.

As soon as I started I just felt explosive. Without any unusual effort I noticed my pace was significantly better than usual. And I was able to keep it up. And my pace stayed the same. I ran 5km at a significantly better and stronger pace than normal, and only in kilometer #5 did I feel like I had to work a bit to keep that pace. I cut it at 5 because I want to go for a longer run tomorrow, since Friday is holiday and can't run then.

No comments: