Invisible Shoes - Barefoot Running Sandals

Friday, May 25, 2018

hot delayed 8

I had planned a nice long run for this morning. I was hoping to run about 18km. Alas, it was not meant to be.

A medical emergency in the family had me sleeping in the hospital last night. That means I would not be able to run early in the morning. It also means I would be very tired on Friday because sleeping in the hospital is horrible - no proper bed, noise all night, disturbances all night from patients and nurses. That's fine, but it is not conducive to a proper nights sleep. That also means my only opportunity, if at all, would come later in the day when it would be too hot.

I was already settled in with no run, but late this afternoon decided I prepped enough for Shabbos and wanted to go out for a short run. It is very hot so I figured 5km would be enough. And boy is it hot out there! But I pushed through the heat and ran 8km. It felt great, even in the heat. I didn't get the distance in, but at least I got a run in.

No comments: