Invisible Shoes - Barefoot Running Sandals

Thursday, August 29, 2019

sightseeing 7

ran a very slow 7km today but it was mostly a sightseeing run, along with some soreness from previous run and tired from a busy schedule with not enough sleep.

I ran to the Schlossgarden, as had been recommended to me by a local, and then just figured I would run around aimlessly in the direction of things that looked interesting and head back after a short run. While running I saw another garden and went in. I think it was called the Am Rosengarten. It looked small so I was disappointed but when I got to the back of it I saw a trail heading out into a green area so I took it. It was a humongous park with many trails in different directions. I changed trails aimlessly and eventually ran over the Fulda River. I thought I would never see the end of that park and had no idea how to get out. By then I was already running longer than planned. At some point i saw some cars in the distance driving so ran in that direction. It led me out of the park and eventually I found my way back to the hotel with a sight detour as I saw I was very close to the old Jewish area with the old shul and yeshiva that we had been shown yesterday. I felt compelled to run through it considering I was right there. Then I made my way back to the hotel.

No comments: