Invisible Shoes - Barefoot Running Sandals

Sunday, July 23, 2017

family matters trump running

family matters trumped running last night, though I did get a run in. It was cut short by family matters, but it was already longer than expected.

I went out to run despite having heard of the news of a terrorist attack on Shabbos and I really was just not feeling it and wanting to run. Some other matters also distracted me, and I just wasn't enjoying it. I was going to stop at 3km and call it quits, but decided to at least hit 5. Then I was caught up in a podcast I was enjoying and thought that would just carry me through to a normal distance.

Then I got the call and had to cut it short. Not the end of the world. I ended at 5km, and hadn't really wanted to run it anyway.

This morning, after a late night and after late night food, I went out for another run. I made it to 9km this morning and all is good, even though my speed is still very slow.

I just dont get how 3 weeks of no running can set me back so far. I was finally hovering at speeds averaging at just around 6 minutes per kilometer, and now I am back down to 6:30 or even slower again.

No comments: