Invisible Shoes - Barefoot Running Sandals

Saturday, May 16, 2020

tentative 6

After a full week of no running, and very little running over the past 3 weeks, due to a niggling problem with my right hamstring, I finally went out tonight. First, I wasn't feeling anything in my hammy, so I figured it was safe to go out for a test run. Second, I have come to the suspicion over the past week that my shoes were at fault. I took a close look at my main pair of running shoes and the soles looked really worn down. I began to suspect that they might be the cause of my pain. Tonight I went out and wore a different pair of shoes. And I felt nothing. A real test would be to now go out, maybe tomorrow or the next day, wearing my regular shoes and seeing if I have any pain. Maybe whatever it was healed, or maybe it is the shoes. It is looking as if it is time to retire those shoes. We'll see if I do any more testing or just put them out to pasture.

So, I went out, looking to do 5km. We are in an extreme heat wave, and I havent really run much over the past 3 weeks, so I had no ambitions for a great run. It was just going to be a run to test thigns out and get comfortable.

I ran 6km at a slow pace. I was shooting for 5, but when I was running so slow I just figured I might as well do more. I did have to stop a few times to catch my breath and rest for a few moments. The heat was brutal. Thankfully everything was fine, so now I just have to get back into the routine and flow of running regularly.

No comments: