Invisible Shoes - Barefoot Running Sandals

Friday, October 4, 2019

ok 22

Today was a tough run, but I am happy to have set a new current high, running 22km, even though it was at a slowish pace. Most of the way was more or less average, but the last few kilometers were tough and pushed me over the edge to slow.

Running alone is fun, and I get to listen to my various podcasts, but it is also challenging and sometimes daunting. You have to fight off your own demons with no external assistance. if you have a running partner, you have committed to him and even if you have doubts or uncertainties, you have that external pressure helping you stick to your commitment. Today i could have really used it.

The holiday season is tough on running. it messes with consistency and planning. Despite another low running week, I had been hoping to break last weeks record of 20. I planned to go on my run, with a route of 22, but when I went out this morning, I really did not want to do it. I had every excuse running through my head, telling me to forget it, just do a local run, keep it down to 7 or 10 because of the short running week, and more.

And I think all that mental hesitation also affected the run itself. Much of a my run I found myself leaning back, which I think caused a slower pace. Later in the run I caught myself a number of times and leaned forward and got my regular motion back and my pace picked up a bit.

Anyways, I started running and pushed the thoughts aside, just going a little farther and then a little farther, until the thoughts were beaten.

The Lamed Hei loop from my house is about 18, 18.5km, so I started with a 4km run across Kishon, and then headed down Tzeelim to the 38 and did a Lamed Hei loop. Turning left on the 38 to HaElah Junction, turning left on the 375, turning left on Road 10 (3855) and then left back up to RBS and down to the house. 22km. Slow pace, but happy I got it all in despite the pace

No comments: