Invisible Shoes - Barefoot Running Sandals

Friday, September 27, 2019

fabulous 20

Just capped off a not so great running week with a great 20km run.

I wanted to break my record for the season long run of 17.5km from last week, but I did not have a specific number in mind, though I was hopeful I would make it to 19-20. I also did not know if it would be possible, after a physically busy week with less than average running. And the speed/strength would be an unknown as well.

I started out and felt a little slower than normal, and also a little weaker. I even had to stop a couple times in the first 3 kilometers, though just for a moment each time. I thought my run was doomed and was deciding whether to just cut it at 6-7, or try at least try to hit 10. After the third kilometer though I felt strong and everything settled down and I was more in sync. The pace picked up a little but more importantly I felt stronger. So, I ran across Kishon, the bridge to Gimmel, up Hayarqon, across Hayarden, down Mishkafayim, out to Road 10 (3855), to 375. Once there I made a small junta to the direction of Tzur Hadassa, then back and out to the satellites, and then back home.

Saw runners and bikers all out enjoying the beautiful morning and cool air.

At the end of the day, I made it to 20km at a pretty good pace - just a few seconds off the pace from last weeks long run. Average pace, borderline fast (though it fell just on the average side of the border). First time in ages that I have run 20km, so this was a great run.

No comments: