Invisible Shoes - Barefoot Running Sandals

Wednesday, August 8, 2018

better 7

yesterday I woke up early to run and then decided not to. I decided to not tr for a run streak. My body felt like it needed a day off. I was just tired. Maybe the heat is part of it. After the weird run on Monday, I just felt like I needed a day off.

Fine, no problem. I was tempted later in the day to go out for a run, as I was feeling fine, but forced myself not to.

This morning I woke up and almost decided to take another day off. That would have been laziness though, not a calculated decision. It is so easy to get into a pattern of laziness - you take one or two days off, and boom, you have a bad pattern that it is hard to get out of. It is so easy to convince yourself that you need to rest or you are too tired or it is too hot or whatever. There are no shortage of excuses. After just one day I found myself making excuses. I nipped it in the bud, but if had I not, I can imagine how each day it gets harder to break that pattern.

So I eventually went out to run. I got a nice 7km run. While I still had some soreness, I felt good overall and ran a faster pace than I had expected. Very humid today.

No comments: