Invisible Shoes - Barefoot Running Sandals

Friday, August 18, 2017

Jerusalem trails

Had an awesome run this morning. I found myself staying overnight in Jerusalem, in the Rechavia neighborhood. I woke up early enough and decided to go for a run while everyone else was still sleeping. I had not planned a route and only sort of know my way around, so I just went out and tried to stay more or less cognizant of where I would be at each stage relative to where we are staying.

There is a bike trail pretty close to the house that goes down to Gan Saccher, among other places, so I started off in that direction and ran through Gan Saccher. That took me up around the Rose Gardens, which I ran through, and then I ran out and up Cinema City to Agrippas. Cutting through Mahane Yehuda early in the morning was cool as the bastas were getting ready to open and people were just starting their shopping for Shabbos.

From Mahane Yehuda I ran down Jaffa Road down to Jaffa Gate of the Old City and then out through Mamilla Mall. Up the road past the US Consulate and then past the Prime Minister's Residence, taking me down Azza Road back to Rechavia, back up the bike trail and back home.

Beautiful route, cool morning Jerusalem air, nice refreshing sun, and 11km through the roads and trails of Jerusalem.


No comments: