Invisible Shoes - Barefoot Running Sandals

Thursday, November 20, 2008

running blind

Tonight was a good run. The Medium-Long runs are getting long - tonight was 18km.

not really wanting to just run around the neighborhood 4 times, I decided to repeat last Friday's run, with the difference of starting and ending in RBS instead of Aviv. It was really a stupid idea, because running down the 375 to Tzomet ha'Ela and then up the 38 in the pitch black night is really stupid. Even if nothing happened.

Last week was not a good run, but tonight was good. Maybe because it was black out side and I could not see too far in front of me, so even on the big Zachariya hill I ran it with no problem. Maybe not being able to see is beneficial...

I ran the route of exactly 18km at an average pace of 6:07/km. I ran it a little slower than my average pace, because there was no speed tempo in the middle and it was pitch black out, so I had to be cautious.

Friday is a big Rehovot 32km run. I hope it does not get rained out...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shomer P'Saim Hashem.
I can tell you from a traffic perspective that what you did is kinda silly. These roads have barely any shoulders and even when they do the trucks drive on them or cars cut them on curves while doing 90-100 kmh. I hope you were at least wearing a reflective vest. And I hope you were carying mace against wild dogs and hienas.
Watch yourself.

Rafi G. said...

the shoulders there are actually pretty good.... but I am not sure I will do it again...
Also, I am running "into traffic", so I pretty much see everything that is coming...

And I was only chased by one dog, when I passed Bustan Ha'Ela. I meant to put it in the post, but forgot by the time I wrote the post...