Invisible Shoes - Barefoot Running Sandals

Tuesday, March 31, 2020

interesting 8

This morning I woke up early and decided it was time to take advantage of an empty parking lot with nobody meandering around...

I went out for a run. I ran 8km. All in my building's parking lot.

The regulations due to CoronaVirus do not allow people to go out beyond 100 meters form their house. Some people have found creative solutions with routes that keep them within 100m of their house and they do loops on that route. I personally felt that doing so is within the letter of the law (possibly - some police disagree) but not within the spirit of the law. I did not want to run outside, even within 100 meters of the building, as I felt it would create an atmosphere of people being outside and doing outdoor activities, and would cause other people to feel that they could go outside and do their things - and some of them might be less careful than me to keep within the rules. So, after a few days of not going out to run, I decided to run in my building parking lot without going down to the street at all. The parking lot is also behind the building and is not really visible from the street (except the driveway portion). Plus it was early in the morning and nobody was out except the garbage men.

So, I ran 8 kilometers, all in my parking lot. The length from one end to the other in the runnable portion is about 25+ meters. 4 laps gave me about 100 meters. I just kept running back and forth. If not for my podcasts I probably would have gone insane doing that and stopped much sooner, but it was not so bad.

the short distance did not really allow any decent pace, plus so many turns in such short amounts of time kept me slowing down as well. So, I was happy to get out and get some exercise, but this is not going to do any wonders for my running level.

I estimate that 8 kilometers took me to about 320 laps across the lot. And this si what the picture of the map looks like:
\

No comments: