Invisible Shoes - Barefoot Running Sandals

Friday, February 14, 2020

weird 17

Today's run started off great. I was in a good rhythm, feeling great, running strong and at a good pace.

After I ran up Yarmouth Park and then across to Hayarden, I noticed that my watch was messed up. The data on display was not what I normally have there, and at first I did not know if the watch had stopped or if it was still tracking me. When it hit the 6km marker, I realized it was still tracking me but it was showing me data that I had no idea what it was (I later realized it was showing me heart rate, heart rate zone (which I have no idea what this is) and something else that I dont know. It also seemed to me that it lost a kilometer or so, as the spot where it marked 6 is usually where it hits 7 on this route. Anyway, with nothing to do about it, as attempts to change the display came up empty, I just continued on.

The worst of it was not knowing my distance. I was planning to run between 12 and 14km, and I needed to know which way to go, how far out to go, when to plan to turn, where to extend and for how much, , and that was becoming difficult without the distance on display. Not seeing the pace was also frustrating, but much less so. I realized that when pausing the watch it would show me a number of data points including distance, so while it broke up my rhythm, every now and again I would stop for a moment to pause the watch and check my distance.

After running across Hayarden, I ran down to Mishkafayim and across out to Road 10. On Road 10 i ran out to the end by 375, up a bit and then out towards Tzomet Etziyona. I turned partway there and ran back, finishing at, at least, 17km. It might have b 18 or slightly more, but I can only go by what the watch says...

No comments: