Invisible Shoes - Barefoot Running Sandals

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Seeing stars

Week 4 (out of 18) of marathon training has officially begun!

Today was a recovery run. We were meant to run 30 seconds slower than our half marathon pace, in order to recover from Friday's long run. I don't know my half marathon pace, but I did run on average about 30 seconds slower than what I have been averaging up until now. I ran 10km at an average pace of 6:43/km.

I decided I needed a change of scenery, so I figured I would run a different route and when I hit about 5km I would turn around and run back. So I ran up Yarqon, down towards Route 10. Made a right to the Highway 375, ran to almost the satellites (actually went to the junction of the 367 right before the satellites), turned around and ran back.

Simple run.

Amazing that I can now look at a 10km run and say there was nothing special about it.

I do not know if I will do this route again. At least not alone at 4:30 in the morning. I have gotten used to running around RBS at these hours. The roads here are lit up, at all hours generally. When I got down to the highway, it was pitch black and it seemed kind of dangerous, with cars and trucks speeding by. This is a run I have done with the group, but it is different in the dark running alone.

I must say though, that by chance I happened to look up and saw dozens and dozens of stars and constellations. Things that I normally do not see because of the city lights. I think I even spotted the Little Dipper.

No comments: