Invisible Shoes - Barefoot Running Sandals

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

A Day of Rest

At the end of the last session, I asked Chaim, the guy who heads the BS Running Club, what he means by scheduling Tuesday as a rest day. Does it mean there is no group run, but I can run on my own, perhaps a shorter route, or does it mean I should actually rest my body and not run?

My question was based on ignorance. Maybe the body needs time to recover, or maybe continuous pushing will increase the endurance level.

Chaim's answer was simply "rest!"

Little did I know at the time, but he did not really need to declare it as a Day of Rest that we should all adhere to if we want our bodies to heal and recover. I was sore and tired and would not have been able to run at all yesterday!

This was a forced day of rest! Kind of like a "forced vacation" at work.

Don't worry Chaim. I rested!

No comments: