Invisible Shoes - Barefoot Running Sandals

Friday, October 29, 2021

Jerusalem 21.1km Half Marathon

 Altra Rivera

I couple of weeks ago I decided to sign up to run the half marathon in the Jerusalem Marathon event. I dont remember what my last race was, but it has been a few years since I participated in any race.

I decided to run the half marathon, even though it is a little bit longer than my longest long runs in recent times. The hills of Jerusalem are very tough so I didnt know how I would do, but I employed my new hill strategy of taking it slow on the hills and running harder on the downs and flats. I think it was successful as I finished the race at give or take my expected time, and I did not even stop once to rest nor did I walk at all.

It was a beautiful day, a beautiful city, a beautiful race.

21.1km in 2:22:22 (official time) to keep all the OCD people satisified


BTW, I beat the Marathon winner, who rana  2:24... then again, he ran the full marathon and I only ran the half..




No comments: