Invisible Shoes - Barefoot Running Sandals

Friday, January 8, 2021

Unexpected 16

 Hoka

I went out looking for a 14km run, maybe pushing to 15, but ended with a 16km run. It was a good run. Was feeling good, got up early, air was cool though there was a strong breeze. 

Regular route across Kishon and bridge to Gimmel, up through Yarmuth Park and then across Eliyahu Hanavi past Gimmel. At the junction there I was torn as to whether turn around, turn right and explore, or turn left and take the road down to the 375. I was very tempted, but I felt 17km would be too much for the day and forced myself to turn around or turn right instead.

instead of turning back I turned onto Zechariah and ran until the section down to Tzeelim. It was nice to explore on the edge of RBS C and D and get a sense of the directions out there. That would have brought me down near my house with not enough distance, so I turned back and ran back Zechariya the other way, and took Eliyahu Hanavi back to RBS A. Then I ran part of Hayarden and turned around and ran home. I ended with 16 because I kept adding just a bit more, as I was feeling good. Pace wasn't great but wasn't bad either. Slow, but not too slow.

No comments: