Invisible Shoes - Barefoot Running Sandals

Thursday, April 16, 2020

8 again

I got up early enough that I figured I could get at least 8, if the shtiebel is active early today, or maybe even around 15-18 if the shtiebel is only active for the late minyan.

Thins were looking promising when I hit 8km. Nobody had come out yet, and the sky was already getting light. I needed to go inside for a pit stop. A few minutes later I came out and there were a few people out there just getting started on their services. I wont have time to continue later, so I just saved the run on my watch.

I might have to switch my runs to evenings when there is likely less of a chance of them being interrupted like this.

Regarding the run itself, it seemed a strange as my GPS watch was tracking me as running significantly faster than all my other runs in this location, but I did not feel like I was running faster.

When I saw the running map after my watch synced with the software on my phone, I realized it was just totally messed up. I did not leave my parking lot during the run - I did not even have to go down to the street today to pick up the initial signal. Yet take a look at the map below - it is totally insane where it thinks I ran, and I have no idea how it thinks I got to those corners, running through buildings and fences and all...
.


No comments: