Invisible Shoes - Barefoot Running Sandals

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

a win

Today was a win. And I can say that even before I think about how much I did or did not run.

Today was a win because I got up early to run, and then decided I was too tired, so went back to bed. But then after 2 minutes I forced myself out again and got dressed to run.

So that was a win.

I've been wanting to check out the new bridge connecting RBS A and RBS C, so this would present a good opportunity. I started out my run across Kishon, as usual, and then instead of running up Hayarkon, I turned up the bridge and ran up to Gimmel (RBS C). Near the top of the bridge I turned in at the traffic circle and ran up the very steep Yona Ben Amitai, over to Yechezkel, Neriah Hanavi and then down the hill to Tzeelim and back up to RBS A.

Because I knew I'd be running in some desolate areas that have recently become known for having stray and wild dogs roaming those areas and even attacking people, I picked up a couple of fist sized stones as I entered the bridge and carried them throughout the run until I got back to near my home.

Total run was 9.4km and it was a very pleasant and enjoyable route, if not a bit too much uphill.

No comments: