Invisible Shoes - Barefoot Running Sandals

Friday, December 2, 2016

a running window appeared

consecutive day 17 is in the books with a very pleasant 11.5km. This weeks total mileage totals 64.5km - that is marathon training range (the low end), but I am not even close to that..

As you know, I went out early this morning and got rained out. I did not know if I was going to be able to make it up later or not. After running some errands, the weather seemed pretty decent at around 9:45 and I decided to go for it.

I was planning to make it a short run of about 7km, but once I was outside running it just seemed to pleasant I wanted to keep going. I considered replanning it for 14-15, but then decided that was too ambitious, and retooled my route for about 11-12km.

The weather was chilly but dry. The challenges were different running during the day - puddles, mud, more sidewalk because more cars on the roads, the cars on the roads, more people to avoid...

For about the last kilometer I had to run through a light rain, but that was ok. I bumped into another runner and we ran together for part of that last kilometer and a half or so...

And, while out running, I saw a situation of a large tree branch that had fallen on an eruv wire. I called one of the eruv people and described the location and situation. They went out very quickly to fix it. So, I was able to do a good deed in the process! It must have been min hashamayim for me to be able to go out and run just to discover that eruv problem!

No comments: