Invisible Shoes - Barefoot Running Sandals

Friday, August 19, 2016

Breaking through

Since I started running regularly again, I have limited my topside in distance to about 10 kilometers. I have run as far as 10.5, but I have refrained from letting myself hit the 11km mark. I felt I could probably do it, but I really was not yet ready for it. I needed to build up strength before going to the next level, breaking through the 10km mark.

Last night I decided that today would be the day. I have been running well and feeling strong, and while I am still slower than molasses I am at least noticing a slight increase in speed even when going the longer distances.

And I just ran 12 kilometers, without walking, without taking breaks, without struggling, and at the same consistent speed I  have been running at in my most recent runs.

Feels great!

No comments: