Invisible Shoes - Barefoot Running Sandals

Sunday, November 20, 2016

5 which is 7

Fifth consecutive day running. Running at 5am after running the night before, less than 12 hours prior. I had no idea how I would feel and how the run would go, so I had no idea if I would run a strong 9km or if my legs would be weak and only allow me to squeak out a weak 4km.

It turns out I felt fine, but I still did not have a strong run. I had a good run and was happy with it. I ran 7km. It was really a very strong headwind much of the way that did me in. I probably could have run more, but  a bit of weakness in my legs and fighting the headwind made me decide not to overdo it. I also want to run tomorrow morning, so I figured 7 should be enough for today.

I am not sure what day i will skip to rest my legs yet. My working theory right now is just to run as much as possible and at some point my leg muscles will get used to this abuse and it will become second nature to them. I am inclined not to take any day off, if possible, but I know that is not likely to happen. Soon the rainy weather will come and scheduling issues come up, and I know I just won't be able to get a run in every single day. So, I have to be happy with running as often as possible, without trying to ensure a daily run.

No comments: