Invisible Shoes - Barefoot Running Sandals

Friday, September 12, 2008

The Little Engine that Could

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.

That is what I was saying to myself today at a couple points during the 13km group run this morning. Specifically near the end on the seriously steep uphill from Road 10 up to RBS, and earlier in the long slight incline on the Highway 375 back from Aderet.

And I did.

Today we were scheduled to run 13km. We started on Dolev-Dolev and ran down to the corner of Yarden - Yarqon. Down and out to Road 10, turned right. At end of 10, we turned right and ran to Aderet. Then back. Each direction was 6.5km.

Group was good. I think we were 7 people.



As you can see, I ran 13.03 km at an average pace of 6:16/km. It generally fluctuated between 5.5 and 6.5. The best part was that on the killer hill back up to RBS from Road 10, I still stayed in the range of 6.5/km and did not slow down t 7 or 8 like I thought I would have to!

The runs in the morning out of RBS are complete with stunning views, along with cool air, and running in the sunrise. What can be better that that! Well, maybe sleeping could be better....

No comments: