Invisible Shoes - Barefoot Running Sandals

Thursday, September 29, 2016

short over long

I was debating whether to go out this morning for a long run or for a short run.

In favor of a long run would be because:
1. I did not run yesterday and was well rested.
2. who knows what tomorrow might bring
3. running short today might harm my chances for a good long run tomorrow

In favor of a short run would be because:
1. Friday is always more convenient from a scheduling perspective for a long run
2. tradition

In the end I decided that Friday is the long run day, and today would be a short run. I ended up running 10.5km and felt great.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll get a good long run in of maybe 16km or so

So far this week I have run 8, 10, 9, and 10.5. This could still turn into, if plans work out, a 5 run week. Have not had one of those in a long time. I could also set a new high (since my return) for my weekly distance. Anything above 9km tomorrow and I have reached a new high.

No comments: