Invisible Shoes - Barefoot Running Sandals

Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Back on the horse with a new record distance

Taking two days off after a lousy run really turned out to be a great idea, even though it was not really planned. Sunday I could not run because of scheduling issues, and Monday I woke up a bit later than usual and woke up tired after going to sleep very late on Sunday night, so a run was out of the question.

Last night I was exhausted and went to sleep earlier than usual, and woke up earlier than usual as a result. I was feeling great and when I went out for a run I was undecided as to whether to go for a run of about 9km or to try for a long run.

I started off with 3km out to the end of Kishon and back, as that is flat and it is a good stretch to start with, both as an addition to another distance without having to run out too far and possibly get stuck somewhere, and just for a nice flat start.

I was feeling strong and great so i decided to go for a long run. I ran out to the 375, and with a couple of additional detours to add a bit of mileage, such as turning left on the 375 towards Gush Etzion for about 500 meters, and then turning towards Neve Michael for another 500 meters out and back (each way), I only had to run a short distance past the satellites, and by the time I got home I was at 15.5km. Another record distance for me since returning to running.

And, not only did I hit a new record distance, but when I looked at my watch I discovered I had shaved a fulled 11 seconds per kilometer off my speed from my recent previous runs, both long and short. I felt great the entire time, but I was surprised to see such a significant boost in speed.

One thing I did differently is that I took water with me and drank a bit on the road but planted it for my return run when I might be feeling a bit weaker. So, I drank a bit along the way, and maybe that helped, but in general I was feeling strong.

Don't give up after a bad run. or a bad day at anything else in life. Get back on the horse and try again another day.

No comments: