Invisible Shoes - Barefoot Running Sandals

Saturday, September 3, 2016

First lousy run

on Friday I had a great run, after Thursday's 14km long run. I did not know how long of a run I would be able to sustain on Friday, so I went out with an open mind, and was hoping for anywhere between 6km and 9km.

I ended up running about 7.5km and felt very good the entire way, so I considered that a good run.

Tonight however was one of those runs that was just lousy. I went out thinking it would be a good run, after a day and a half of rest from Thursday and Friday's runs. I went out and my legs felt like they were filled with lead. I just could not move.

I had been planning on running the entire Kishon and back, which starts with a flat 3km, and then a circuit around RBS, totaling about 7.5km.

Seeing how it was going, I decided to bail much sooner. I was going to run just the first 3km and call it a night, but in the end decided to do a circuit of RBS instead, making my run a total of about 4.5km. I figured even a lousy run is better than nothing, and at least I was sweating out a few calories. We can even call this a recovery run, if necessary.

I must say though that this was really my first lousy run since my return to running. Sometimes it happens. You just have to push through and put it behind you.

No comments: