Invisible Shoes - Barefoot Running Sandals

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

an unintentional run - session #9

I ran today, but did not mean to. I planned on taking the morning off and letting my muscles rest (yeah right, like they work so hard normally!).

I was so tired last night that I went to sleep a little earlier than usual. So this morning, I woke up earlier than usual. I guess my body just does not let me sleep too much anymore.

I could not fall back to sleep, so I got up. I checked the score of the Cubs game and saw they were pounding the Pirates, so that cheered me up. Then I decided I am up anyway so I might as well run.

So I ran.

I ran my regular route. I like that route. I think it is a good distance and a good run. I got out a bit earlier than usual, and the difference is amazing. The streets were busy. People delivering newspapers, people on way to shul to learn daf yomi or whatever else I should probably be doing before davening, I guess some were going to start an early work day, whatever. While I have gotten used to empty roads and solitude, today was pretty busy out there. Going out 8 minutes earlier must make a tremendous difference...

I ran, and again I did not pay attention to my watch or my pace. My estimate is that I ran a little less than usual. I think I brought my pace down to a run:walk ratio of 3:2 or so. Don't know why that is so, but I felt strong, but just seemed to walk more than in previous runs. Maybe it was my imagination.

Actual marathon training starts soon. Hopefully I will be able to keep up with them.

No comments: