Invisible Shoes - Barefoot Running Sandals

Sunday, August 24, 2008

regression - session #7

Today's run was difficult.

Last week I only ran once - on Sunday. After that we went away on vacation. I tried to run at our vacation spot, but it did not work out. I did not know where to go, how far to run, where it was safe to run on the highway, etc. So I did not run, though I swam a little bit.

So after a week of not running, today's run was tough. It is amazing how quickly one regresses if he does not keep up with something.

So, here is lesson #3: The pace of regression is much quicker than that of progression.

I kept up with my pace of about 4:1, though it was hard today. I was huffing and puffing but I did it. I ran my regular route completely, and while at the beginning it took some time to get into the run, when I did I was able to run as usual.

Tomorrow night is my first "group run" I hope so I am excited by that.

2 comments:

Jason Pearlman said...

Just read your blog, always good to hear about another observant Jew doing some form of endurance sport, especially running a marathon. Thanks, BTW, for the comment on my own blog's banner, and feel free to tap The Complete Jewish Cyclist for any kosher nutritional or training advice (something we extremely few competitive observant Jewish cyclists deal with all of the time, like searching for kosher energy gels and racing on Sundays after resting for a day on Shabbat).

Keep up the good work!

Rafi G. said...

thanks. I will keep up with it. I ope I keep up with the marathon training. It is difficult to see how such an "out of shape" guy like me can train and actually prepare for a marathon, but I feel stronger every day, so there must be hope!