Invisible Shoes - Barefoot Running Sandals

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

hat on a treadmill

I am in the USA right now and my running schedule, along with some other schedules, are messed up.

Having stayed the night in a hotel, I decided to bring my running gear along. I woke up early and went for a run on the treadmill in the hotel gym.

Why treadmill? I haven't run on a treadmill in years!
1. I don't really know the area I am in.
2. It is still pretty cold here early in the morning
3. to take advantage of something in the hotel, especially because I cant even eat the food.

Anyways, I did not know what to press, so I just accepted the workout it offered me on the screen, which was a 4- interval. Being that I am used to doing all my running using the metric system, I did not really know and understand the information it was giving me, but at the conclusion of my workout I went online and did the conversions and my workout had me running 10.7km in an hour and an additional 5 minutes of cool down. It was a good workout.

One thought that came to me - our custom is to keep our [male] head covered, especially when walking. We are not supposed to walk 4 steps (4 cubits, really), with our head uncovered. I know there are all sorts of ways out of things, such as being indoors being less of a problem and whatnot, but still - when using a treadmill for example, is that considered staying in place or is that called walking? I mean, I ran 6.5 miles, but I did it all standing in the same place. Is that considered as if I was walking/running or was I standing still? Could I keep my head uncovered, or must a I wear a hat on the treadmill?


No comments: