Invisible Shoes - Barefoot Running Sandals

Monday, November 10, 2008

Cruise Intervals

Tonight we ran a workout called "Cruise Interval Workout".

The cruise interval workout is, after a 2km warm-up run, we run 2km laps at about 10 seconds faster than [expected] marathon pace, with 4 minute recovery runs in between each of the 2km laps.

The goal is to get the body into its pace and rhythm for the marathon. Gotta find the right speed.

I don't know what my expected marathon pace is going to be. Right now I am basing it on my last run, but there is still a long way to go (less than two months!), and by then I should be running faster than I am now. My Friday 28km was at 5:35/km, so that is what I used for setting my speed for tonight.

After the 2km warm-up run, I ran my 2km laps at average paces of 4:50, 5:10, 5:30 and 5:35 consecutively, with 4 minute recovery runs in between each.

It was a good run. The schedule is changing a bit. Our mid-week medium long runs are getting longer now, and our Friday long runs are getting shorter... Wednesday we have 18km scheduled and Friday we have only 24km scheduled...

2 comments:

vofstein said...

Good job.
BTW - What are your plans for running tomorrow?
V

Rafi G. said...

dont know. Either I will run tonight or tomorrow morning very early (like 4:00 am or so). I think tomorrow is supposed to rain, so a night run might be difficult...

It is hard to find a good 18km run around bet shemesh, because the highways are dark at night. maybe I will run around rbs a few times.... dont know. if you have suggestions, let me know.
maybe 9km out on road 10 and back....