Invisible Shoes - Barefoot Running Sandals

Friday, June 22, 2018

fabulous 19 on day 29

Got in my long run today, and it was longer than I planned, but only by a bit.

With my previous long run distance being at 17km, I have been itching to break that with an 18+ run, though the past couple of weeks did not afford me the opportunity. I picked 18, really 18.5 because the Lamed Hey loop from my house to my house via Road 10 and Highway 375 and Highway 38 is 18.5km and that is somewhat more desirable than extending small sections to get another extra kilometer and another and another. That often works just fine, but sometimes it is nice to just go out and run a simple course where I dont have to keep calculating if I need to run a little extra detour or when to turn back. I know this course will give me the 18.5 I was looking for.

The run was beautiful with a nice cool breeze, until the last couple of kilometers. It was sunny and pleasant. The course has 3 large enough hills that makes it overall difficult, though my overall pace ended up being better than I expected. The 3 hills killed my pace, but besides for those the rest of the route I ran at a pretty good pace.

I ended at 19km, so am happy and that should keep me for a couple of weeks until I get the itch to break 20, which I am sure will come sooner rather than later...

My run streak is up to 29 days. This week of running took me a distance of 62km.

No comments: