Invisible Shoes - Barefoot Running Sandals

Sunday, September 23, 2018

great 11

I wore my new shoes again, without orthotics, even though I was planning a slightly longer run. I was expecting in the 7-8km range, dependent on feel after Friday and Saturday night runs, so I figured the slightly longer distance would also be a good test..

I was feeling really good and my first couple of kilometers were fast, so I decided instead of running up Hayarden and then back, I would run out on the 10 to the 375 and back. Doing that was a bit aggressive as it would mean a minimum of 10km, unless I would turn early, which would only happen if I was suddenly feeling really bad.

I kept going and kept feeling really good. I was still running pretty fast and even passed a couple of other runners I had set my sights on when they were ahead of me.

I finished with a good, fast, 11km.

These new shoes, On Cloud Running, felt pretty good. Paying attention to the feel is easier without orthotics. The sensation is definitely different. The unusual sole of the shoe really absorbs, or dulls, a lot of the impact and feels kind of spongy and soft

No comments: