Invisible Shoes - Barefoot Running Sandals

Sunday, February 27, 2011

A Good Hard Recovery Run

Still sore from Friday's exerting run, I went out today with a couple other guys for an easy paced 10km recovery run.

I must say, these guys dont know the definition of "recovery run" or "easy pace". I am a professional at running easy pace and recovery pace, and these guys dont know the first thing about it. We did not run hard, but about 2/3 of the run was at a normal pace (which for me is right now fairly fast and hard work), and only the hill sections were at a reasonably recovery pace.

It was tough, and my calves felt strained, but I managed 11km. The weather was nice, albeit a little bit warm, and the mountains and fields are green and in bloom. We ran a couple kilometers on the way back on a nice soft grassy trail.

Overall a good, hard recovery run.

No comments: