Invisible Shoes - Barefoot Running Sandals

Friday, December 14, 2018

great 14

I went out a little late, after prepping for Shabbos, at about 11am, for my run.

I didn't have a target distance in mind, but I wanted to run more than 10 and had no expectation of anything close to 20. Anything in between 10 and 20 would have been fine, and it would all depend on how the run was going.

After the first couple of kilometers I found myself running at an extremely fast pace (for me), and I still felt great. I was curious if I could keep it. With some uphill looming, I did not know how much I would slow down and then be able to recover the speed after, so I just kept going as well as I could . Posture, posture, posture. I watched myself very carefully and I think that this was making the run better, and even on the uphill, while slowing down a bit I still felt great and picked up my speed again at the top and was running at a good pace. When I hit the 7km mark, heading down to Mishkafayim, I thought there'd be a chance to hit the 10km mark in under an hour - nowadays a rare accomplishment for me. I pushed hard, and at both the 8 and 9 km markers, it was still in sight. I ran the 10th km super hard and beat the hour target by a lot. I hit 10km at 0:59:21. After turning around at the end of the 10, the next 2.5 or so km would be uphill (some at just a slight incline and some at a steeper incline), I knew I would be running most of the way at a slower pace, so I just slowed down and ran the rest of the way at my more normal pace. Overall, I finished the 14km run at a pretty good pace, with the first 10km being really good.

Posture, posture, posture!

No comments: