Invisible Shoes - Barefoot Running Sandals

Friday, December 28, 2018

fabulous 8.5

yesterday I wanted to run but did not. As I have said, not training for a marathon gives me the luxury of choosing not to run for whatever reason I dont feel like running - such as a cold day with pouring rain and thunderstorms. Like yesterday.

The rain petered off this morning, and the temperatures rose a bit, so after doing some things I went out at about 10:30 for a run. People were out bundled up in hats and heavy coats - they must have thought I was crazy to be outside in a tshirt and shorts, but the weather was actually pretty pleasant, not including a brief cold wind every now and then in different spots.

I ran right from the start like I had a bee in my bonnet and felt like I was going to have a fast run. It held up and I ran 8.5km at a quick pace. That also includes the last kilometer or so when I went to go buy a kugel for shabbos and finished my run carrying the kugel home, so that was a significantly slower kilometer, with the pauses for going into the store, paying and all that....


No comments: