Invisible Shoes - Barefoot Running Sandals

Wednesday, December 19, 2018

awesome 33

33km today! and I felt good the entire way. The last few km I slowed down significantly, but still felt good, unlike in other long runs recently when the last few km were really a struggle.

I started with a Kishon cycle, then I went up Hayarqon, Hayarden, down through Mishkafayim and out on Road 10. I ran to the end, to the 375 junction, then back all the way to the Bet Shemesh INdustrial Zone, then turned around and ran back to the end again. Then back to RBS, up the hill, out a bit more on Hayarden, then back down the hill and across Kishon again and finished with a loop on the bridge to RBS C (aka Gimmel).

While on the uphill (not steep) return on the 10 from Bet Shemesh to RBS, the running club stumbled across me, and blew by me. It was nice seeing them and running with them for a few minutes. One of the guys hung back for a bit and ran with me and we chatted - I was able to run faster when I was running with him even though before that i was slowly making my way up the long uphill. When we got to the steep part I told him I was going to slow down a bit and he should go back to the group.

 I normally run alone and listen to podcasts. On a long run it is difficult to focus all the time when running alone on pushing myself, and running with someone else really makes a difference.

No comments: