Invisible Shoes - Barefoot Running Sandals

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Final stretch begins

Week 18 of 18!

This is it. The last few days leading up to the big day.

Friday we ran our last long run of the training season. The run was what they call the traditional closing run to Deir Rafat. It was scheduled to be a fairly easy paced 16km. with some tempo in the middle.

I started a little earlier than the group, so I did not know the plan. I ran the whole Deir Rafat rub, but the group changed the route a little bit. I ran 17.2km at an overall pace of 5:45/km with 2km in the middle at a tempo speed of about 4:50/km (we were supposed to run it at only 5-10 seconds faster than goal marathon pace, but I ran it faster than that).

This week is going to be very low key running until the marathon on Thursday.

No comments: