Invisible Shoes - Barefoot Running Sandals

Friday, October 26, 2018

recovery 8.5

I did not know what I was going to be able to run this morning, so I went out with no plan. I had no idea how much I'd be able to run, after a tiring week and after Wednesday's long run.I kind of fantasized about scraping out between 15 - 20km, but I knew that was unlikely. My second fantasy was 12-13km, which I thought would be more realistic even if I was still sore and worn out.

It turns out neither my a or b fantasies came to be. I think I could have kept going, but I bailed at 8.5km. I was so worn out and running so slow I just saw no point in continuing, and I had a busy day scheduled so I thought getting to that would be more productive. I kind of feel bad I gave in to my lazy brain talking me into bailing, but 8.5km is a decent run, even though it was very slow.


No comments: