Invisible Shoes - Barefoot Running Sandals

Saturday, August 14, 2010

ran in Nike Free Run barefoot shoes

Tonight I went running with a running partner. It was not a particularly good run, as my partner gave up after a short amount of time.

I did take the opportunity to try out a different type of running shoe that I have been curious about. I tried out the Nike Free Run +.






Running in Vibram FiveFingers has been pretty good for me, but I have been curious what it would be like to run in shoes that supposedly give the "barefoot experience". I did a lot of research on various brands of shoe, and I have not been able to really be confident that most of the various brands that claim to be minimalist really are.

The Nike Free Run +, on the other hand, is the only one, or the main one at least, that really sells itself on providing a barefoot experience. So I decided to test that one out, even though I have never been a big fan of Nike.

The review of the product will come later, but rest assured, it is nothing like the Vibram as far as barefoot experience is considered.

Anyways, the run was cut short at just under 6km. We ran down Tzeelim to the 38, and then back, but on the way up my partner just could not continue up the hill. I ran while my partner walked, and I ran back and forth so as not to leave my partner alone on the empty road, but eventually I just walked as well, near the end. And then I was not in the mood to start running again.


One great thing was that about 2/3 of the way down to the 38 we saw what we think were a couple of owls flying around by the trees on the side of the road. We didn't get a very good look so we cannot be 100% sure, but that's what we thought when we saw them...

3 comments:

Bob Cane said...

I'm a big Nike fan ever since and I agree with you. However, there's also another good shoe that is quite similar to Nike free run and Vibrams in terms of comfort and convenience. It's called Kigo. It's lightweight and has an enhanced barefoot feel and portability. Its slim appearance gives the Kigo a stylish look that makes it ideal for daily wear as well as athletic actions. Here's sample pic
to see how it would look like.

Rafi G. said...

they look interesting Bob. Maybe next time I am in the market to try a new shoe, maybe I'll consider those.... Thanks

zbsports said...

I like the shoes, looks comfortable and has good quality. I like the design too.