Invisible Shoes - Barefoot Running Sandals

Tuesday, July 31, 2018

fast 5

I thought about not running today. Perhaps a streak isnt really "necessary", but maybe 1 day off, or 2, per week instead of 3-4 days off per week would also provide me the adequate number of running days for me. But then I ran. But I intended to keep it short, with the expectation for a 10-11km run on Wednesday. This would be a 5km stretch your legs type of run, probably relatively slow.

With little effort I found myself running much faster than I had expected to be able to. Approaching 5km I was still averaging less than 6 minutes per kilometer. Even though I could have gone 6 or 7, and had considered it, I couldn't do it at that pace - even if just because the next kilometer would have been all uphill. So, I decided to leave myself impressed with my pace and kill it at 5km so keep my run under the 30 minute mark! Artificial, but I ran my plan anyway and only altered a possible in game change of plan with no change of plan.

No comments: