Invisible Shoes - Barefoot Running Sandals

Thursday, August 18, 2016

back to running

After a long break from running due to a combination of laziness, fairly consistent sedentary behavior, and a bout of tendinitis in my ankle, I have motivated myself to start running again. I had a few false starts where I would go for a run a couple times a week and then it would fizzle out and I would go a month without running until I tried again. But now I have been running 3-5 times a week for the past 3 weeks, and I love it. I like how I feel, I like the weight-loss, I like the energy it gives me. I think it is real this time. I don't know yet if it is going to lead to another marathon in the near-future, but at least I am out there running, burning calories, and getting fit.

I started off with very short distances, and now I am easily running distances of 10-11km. The biggest "problem" is that I am slower than molasses - yes, even slower than before. I am not looking for any specific target speed, but I would feel good if I were able to at least get close to the speed I used to run at. Slowly but surely I see my speed getting a tiny bit faster each time...

It is a bit easier when thinking of every run as a recovery run!

And when you wake up at 4am to get a run in before having to start an early day, you know your commitment is strong!

No comments: