Invisible Shoes - Barefoot Running Sandals

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Getting ready for marathon season

Last night I felt like I just had to go out for a run. It has been a couple weeks since my last run and I was itching to get out. I am still running inconsistently - i can go a couple of weeks running a couple times a week and then a couple of weeks not running at all.

So out I went, at about 9:30 pm. I had no goal, just to run until I had enough. Since I hadnt run in a couple weeks I thought I should start off with a 9 or 10km run.. I started off going around the RBS perimeter, which alone is a 4.9km run.

When I got to the corner of Yarden-Yarkon, I decided to go down to Roads 10 across to 375 and back. Then I finished the perimeter. I was still feeling great, and it was only about 9km, so I decided to go around the perimeter again.

I finished my run at just over 14km. My speed was a little slow, but this route has some serious hills, and I am out of shape.

Marathon training season starts in about 5 weeks or so, and I would really like to give it a shot this year. Hopefully I will have time to train, and more importantly be able to keep up my motivation and determination. i hope to try to run more regularly now to try to get in shape ahead of marathon season.

No comments: