Invisible Shoes - Barefoot Running Sandals

Tuesday, August 30, 2022

better 5

 Altra Paradigm

this morning was a better 5km run. 


I decided to try a different pair of shoes. Thinking back I realized that a lot of my recent struggles happened only when running in the Altra Riveras. I didnt know if the shoes were bad for me and that was the cause of my struggles, but I figured I have a new pair on the side waiting and it is worth testing the possibility. So I ran today in my Altra Paradigm shoes and the run was much better. one run doesnt mean anything, but I will wear them for the next few runs, see how it goes, then go back to the Rivera shoes for a bit, and see what happens.

Better run, faster, less pain, smoother. As soon as I started running it felt like I was using muscles I hadnt used in a long time, so I felt sore and strained a bit in some places, but it was good and felt solid. If this turns out to be the solution, it will be time to start looking for my next shoe, as I now have no new pair waiting on the side or ready to alternate. I might go back to Brooks next as I was super impressed with how long my previous Brooks lasted, and the running in them was good

No comments: